Axcis Education are looking for residential support workers who are looking for a temp to perm placement; to start immediately, working with young adults with Austism across Ellesmere Port.
- Assist in the assessment of individuals with autism to enable them to develop talents and ensure needs or difficulties are identified to meet their full potential
- Maintain regular and appropriate records and reports as directed
- Provide required support to the individual with ASD which ensures the maintenance of an environment which is safe and hygienic as possible and appropriate to their needs
- Apply appropriate agreed Intervention as specified in support care plans, and procedure techniques, for the protection and safety on the individual with autism, others and the environment
- Support the individual with autism to access health services appropriate to their needs as specified in their care plan
- Ensure good working relationships with parents, family, and other professionals involved in the individual with autism's care and promote team working and good working relationships with colleagues
- Undertake sleep in duties when required
- Provide personal care when required
Shifts will include, weekdays, weekends and bank holidays as they are open 52 weeks of the year, 24 hours a day.
There is a rolling rota which varies but shift hours include 7am to 3pm, 2.30pm to 10pm, 2pm to 10pm, 1.30pm to 10pm, 3pm to 10.15pm, and 8.15am to 3.30pm.
The ideal candidate must have experience supporting young adults with Autism and have a BILD accreditation in Team Teach, MAPA, or be PRICE trained
This is a temporary position.
If you are interested, then please contact Nick Passmore at Axcis Education on 0151 448 2810.
This is a temporary position unless otherwise stated.
Please note: The details of this job are correct as of the start of the school closures. We anticipate that there will still be a need to fill this vacancy either on the expected timescale (as many of the schools we work with will remain open to support SEND/Keyworker children) or when schools re-open. We are therefore continuing to accept applications but please bear with us as there may be a delay on the listed start date due to the fact that the situation is continually evolving.
Axcis is an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.
Axcis Education is an employment agency offering temporary supply work for daily, short-term and long-term assignments in addition to permanent positions.